Eli's Booksy Blog

Sunday 14 June 2020

Book Review: A touch of fire by Jennie Dah



Synopsis:


Wake up from a dream and then being told you’re a supernatural and a pureblood at that?
I’ve been there, already done that.
Have a window try to kill you while you try to escape? 
That’s old news to me.
Running away from my issues and pushing them to the back of my mind to be dealt with later? 
I’ve got medals in perfecting the art but what I never thought I’d ever hear in my life is that someone’s looking to kill me. I’m a generally nice person so why would anyone want to kill me?
My greatest mistake was pushing it out of my mind but it wasn’t completely my fault. 
Have a giant man who looks like pure perfection tell you he wants to be with you for life and let see if you can think straight. 
I should have left when I had the chance and now the man I might possibly love is in danger when my memories finally catch up with me. 
And now I have to pay the ultimate prize but what they don’t know is that for Nicholas, I’d die a thousand times and never regret it. 


Booksy-eli:4.4 stars⭐⭐⭐⭐

I'm not sure how many of you pick up a book and then get this feeling like 'I know this book is going to be great' or 'maybe I should finish that other one first before I read this'. I have to say I was hesitant when I first tried reading the book but that isn't how I felt when I finished reading the first chapter of this book. 
The story is really compelling and after the first page I was so hooked, I didn't realise I stayed up all night until the sun started coming into my room. 

The character Celia is definitely someone I can relate to and I love how the author portrayed her attributes and flaws so perfectly. I've always loved it when the heroines are funny and sassy but know when to be sweet and just a little subdued. 

When it comes to Nicholas I get the feeling he sometimes doesn't know how to handle her and being an alpha male that has got be be something. And I loved it whenever he'd be surprised when the woman he loves will surprise him.

I bet we all know that feeling when the person we love is always doing things to surprise us.

And then finally that ending! Whoa! I mean I haven't read a book in a while that's surprised me like that in a while. I have to give it to Jennie, she knows how to leave you wanting more.

I'll admit I didn't think it'll be great but guys you really shouldn't judge a book by it cover. 
Wow! I've lost count of how many times I've read this but you should know I'm starting it all over again after I finish writing this review.

Whoever this Jennie Dah is, I look forward to following her work. Great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

๐ŸŽŠ๐ŸŽ†Happy New Year✨๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‡

๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‡Great New Beginnings And Wonderful Days Ahead๐ŸŽ†๐ŸŽŠ   Wishing you a very happy new year my lovelies and a wonderful year ahead.  I know it...